COVID-19: You are not on this alone
Nothing is more important for us than the health and safety of our customers, suppliers and our own team.
Due to the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19), on the 25th of Mach 2020 the Public Health of England published additional Guidance for Food Businesses describing the recommended actions and procedures that businesses like us should follow during the emergency.
Although the agency has established that COVID-19 is not known to be transmitted by exposure to food or food packaging and that it is very unlikely that coronavirus is transmitted through food, we have followed the guidance very seriously including the following:
- Our food hygiene rating is 5 [very good] which means that local authorities have rated us at the top of the scale and our hygiene standards are very good and fully comply with the law. The rating covers handling of food, how food is stored, how food is prepared, cleanliness of facilities and how food safety is managed.
- Our team has stressed the importance of more frequent hand washing and maintained good hygiene practices as per our food management system.
- We frequently clean and disinfect objects and surfaces that are touched regularly.
- Our packaging cleaning and handling process is in line with food hygiene practices and environmental controls
- We follow recommendations for waste disposal, including washing up gloves and disposing regular rubbish after cleaning is finished
- Finally, we follow government's general public health advice related to social distancing and managing sickness.
In these difficult times, we remain open and focused on providing you with the delicious products you love or that remind you the family and friends you miss from Mexico.
We thank you for your continued loyalty.
Araceli Maldonado Toro
Sweet Nibble Bakery.